Dietary Supplements may be found as any one or a combination of the following:
- Vitamins: A Vitamin is an organic compound required by an organism as a vital nutrient. However, not all nutrients can be synthesized in sufficient quantities by an organism. Therefore, it must be obtained from the diet or dietary supplements. Vitamins are essential for growth, vitality and general wellbeing of the body.
- Minerals : Minerals are the chemical elements required by living organisms, other than the four elements carbon, hydrogen,nitrogen, and oxygen present in common organic molecules. Minerals are used by the body to strengthen bones and transmit nerve impulses as well as secrete hormones. These, too, cannot be produced in the body and must be supplied to the body in the form of either food or dietary supplements.
- Plant Extracts: People, the world over, look to plants for their daily nourishment and nutrition as part of their diet. However, there are several elements of the plant (such as the seeds, trunks and skins), which we cannot consume directly, but are still highly beneficial to our bodies. The healthy benefits of these elements are extracted from the plant and converted into the form of a Dietary Supplement.
- Anti-Oxidants: Our body is constantly exposed to the harmful effects of our surroundings, such as pollution, cigarette smoke, radiation as well as contamination of our food and water. To combat these hazardous substances, our body produces anti-oxidants. By boosting the level of anti-oxidants in the body, through supplements, you can increase the ability of your internal systems to protect your body.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Essential fatty acids, or EFAs, are fatty acids that humans and other animals must ingest because the body requires them for good health but cannot synthesize them. Dietary Supplements provide nutritional fatty acids in the form of natural oils derived from fish, flowers and oily seeds.